The Shrimp & Asparagus Risotto is my favorite menu item at Olive Garden, and when I found the copycat recipe a few months ago, I knew I had to try it. However, I had the obstacle of the picky husband, and once he was (temporarily!) out of the picture, I jumped at the chance! I know the picture is horrible, but had the camera not been sitting right next to me, I wouldn't even have thought to take the picture before I dug in!

One thing that is great about this recipe is that I used the wrong rice (long grain) and left out the parm (mine was expired--yuck!) and the garnish, and it still tasted AMAZING! So go try it--you won't regret it!!

Shrimp & Asparagus Risotto
Prep Time:
30 minutes
Cook Time:
30 minutes
Serving Size:
Ingredients
8 cups chicken broth
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 cups Carnaroli or Arborio rice
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/2 lb fresh asparagus spears, stemmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
1 ½ lbs large shrimp, shelled and deveined
4 oz butter
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup chopped tomatoes
Fresh parsley, chopped
1/2 cup yellow onion, diced
Procedures
  1. SIMMER chicken broth in a large pot on low heat until needed.
  2. HEAT oil in a large nonstick pan over medium heat. Add onions and cook for 3 minutes, or until translucent. Stir in rice and cook for 1 minute, then add white wine. Add ½ cup of broth and stir until completely absorbed. Repeat until half of broth has been added. Stir the risotto frequently to prevent sticking.
  3. ADD asparagus and shrimp to the remaining broth and cook for about 2 minutes, or until shrimp are pink. Remove asparagus and shrimp from broth and add them to the risotto mixture. Add remaining broth 1/2 cup at a time until desired creaminess is reached (there may be broth left over).
  4. Once the broth is absorbed, add butter, Parmesan cheese and salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with chopped tomatoes and parsley.


This entry was posted on 10:10 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: