...from the love of money and be CONTENT with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." Heb. 13:5

I learned a lesson in contentment yesterday. The kids & I set out at 7:30 in the morning to search for "treasures." At our second yard sale, I spotted an AWESOME double jogging stroller. It was not marked, and I did not ask how much it was because I knew it was more than I would have wanted to spend anyway. As I was leaving the yard sale, a lady came up and asked about it. It was $10!!!!!! Of course she bought it. I couldn't believe I had let that get away! I was mad at myself for the rest of the morning. When we got home around lunch time, and I was still feeling down I had to take a moment and ask God to help me be content with what I have. I don't need to just keep adding to our stuff, when we already have so much more than most of the world!

Our main goal yesterday was to hit the Cameron Antique Fair and find a fun project or two. I was quite disappointed in that whole experience (which added to the mood of the morning), and I was comforted to get home and read about Amanda's similar experience the day before.

On a brighter note, I did happen to make a couple of purchases. I bought 4 swim diapers for Bubba for a quarter, a plate stand to be used when I cross this and this (it's going to be a gift; I'll show you the process later), a hook rail for Bubba's room (now I have somewhere to hang his towel--once I get it patched, sanded, primed, and painted!), and my FAVORITE purchase: a cheap, ugly frame to turn into this! Haven't I stumbled upon some AWESOME blogs?! As soon as I get to Walmart for some supplies, I'll show you all what I'm working on!


This entry was posted on 9:13 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: