On my bedside table:
-Hubby's cell phone

On my TV:
-Law & Order:SVU

On the menu for tonight:
-Cashew Chicken

On my To Do List:
-laundry
-clip and sort coupons
-dishes

New Recipe I tried last week:
-a very bland, disappointing egg salad. I won't share the link. eww.

In the craft basket:
-"Family" sign--watch for that in the next few days.

Looking forward to:
-my sister coming in 2 weeks!

Homemaking Tip for this week:
-When organizing, create a "ground zero". I am in the process of reorganizing our entire house (it's amazing how much stuff can accumulate in just a few months!), and am using my bedroom as ground zero. **Keep in mind my husband's gone. He wouldn't be happy walking around my piles to get to his side of the bed.** Anyway, I'm clearing out entire areas and putting things back ONLY if they have a place. I'm probably 1/2 done, and I already have 3 LARGE bags to sell or donate.

Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
-girl talk: What Rachel Barley Knows -- this is SO powerful!!!

Favorite photo from last week:

Lesson learned the past few days:
-When you feel like you are on track & doing great spiritually, WATCH OUT! Because Satan attacks when we least expect it, and NO ONE is immune.

On my Prayer List:
-my husband & kids
-my niece and nephew
-my mom, whose has been very sick this week
-both of my grandfathers who have been diagnosed with cancer in the past month

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
-"Older women likewise are to be reverent in behavior, not slanderers or slaves to much wine. They are to teach what is good, and so train the young women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled" Titus 2:3-5

-"You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise." Deut. 6:5-7

**Thanks to Sandra for hosting Happy Homemaker Monday!


This entry was posted on 10:44 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

4 comments:

    Amanda said...

    Yikes! Are we really older women? :) But yes, I love that verse. I love Titus. Thanks for sharing!

  1. ... on May 19, 2009 at 12:55 AM  
  2. Holli said...

    Well I know I'm not older! ha ha But I still want to live that way! ;)

  3. ... on May 19, 2009 at 8:03 AM  
  4. Sandra said...

    I enjoyed reading your post and what a great lesson you shared.

  5. ... on May 19, 2009 at 6:27 PM  
  6. Mom said...

    I am looking forward to reading these as a way to know you better. Great tool for that. You are doing wonderful in living the Titus 2 & Deut. passages out in your life! Can't wait to have you guys here so we can do ministry (of some sort) together!

  7. ... on May 24, 2009 at 10:04 PM